August 08, 2010
- I can't watch the Sox games with no expectations, it's just impossible for me especially against the Yankees. Until the Redsox are mathematically eliminated I'll be watching and hoping for a win. In 2006 it was the same way and that was a much worse situation, if you want to check out some weird boxscores take a look at some of the starting pitchers in September. Obviously a big game tonight, lets hope the bats come alive a bit.
- I'm not a big UFC fan, however last nights Anderson Silva fight was very entertaining and those guys are just freaks. How they're able to go hard for 5 minutesis beyond me with the amount of energy they exert each round.
- I saw Inception last week and I probably should see it again but I wasn't its biggest fan. I thought it was good and entertaining but didn't think it was mind-blowing like many fans. Without putting spoilers in here my main problem with it is putting rules in place and then breaking those said rules. Again, I thought it was thought provoking and entertaining and its been fun to read different theories on the internet but definitely overhyped in my opinion.
- The Other Guy actually looks pretty funny and I plan on seeing that sometime this week.
- I lost to my brother in tennis again 10-8, at least I made him serve for the match this time. My main problem is I can't hit my backhand straight and it's always cross-court. My brother is a lefty so this plays right into his hands because I'm hitting into his forehand every time. The only way I can hit a backhand straight is if I go for a drop shot and that's such a low % play I end up just firing it into his forehand. The only good news is I'm no longer tired after playing one set up to 10 so we're gonna go to 3 set matches soon.
Adversity is the foundation of virtue - Japanese Proverb