June 20, 2010
- Flying somewhere by yourself is incredibly boring. Last trip I went on alone I didn't bring my laptop really glad I didn't make the same mistake this year. Heading to Vegas, probably only going to be playing 1/2 as I didn't bring a ton of cash and don't want to spend all my time playing poker anyways. I'll be at the DC meetup on Thursday, should be fun.
- Redsox fans were promised pitching and defense this year, hasn't really been the case. Going into this year, despite thinking the team was going to be good I thought we were going to see a lot of boring 4-1 type games. Well, the 2010 team morphed into the 2003 team and leads the league in hitting. The 2003 team was incredibly fun to watch and the team is playing well so I really have nothing to complain about, except that the top 3 teams in baseball are in the AL East (Which I blogged about earlier in the year)
- I worked a baseball showcase yesterday, never had before and it was a different/fun experience. Seeing kids that you've never heard of do well is interesting especially when they don't really have the typical baseball players frame. There were a couple guys that pitched or hit that you thought had no chance at being good based on their appearance and they really opened some eyes.
- I should've brought my Arrested Development DVDs for the flight.
- Edit- Piece of advice, never get the Philly cheesesteak from JFK. I've made a lot of bad purchases in my lifetime but this was without a doubt the worst $10 I've ever spent.
Big dreams create the magic that stir men's souls to greatness.