May 27, 2010
- I'm not what you would call fashion savvy. With being a poker player and a coach, I'm wearing gym shorts/tshirt 95% of the time. When I do get dressed up I really don't mind it and actually prefer wearing khakis/dressÂ pants to wearing jeans. However, I'm lost with shoes.Â I'm looking for a pair of comfortable (obviously) and casual shoes that I can wear out when I do have to dress up. I'd prefer not to spend a ton but price isn't really a factor, any suggestions?
- The Redsox pitching is finally starting to come around. The last week or so it has been much better while Lester and Buchholz have been dealing for a while now. What's very surprising is the Redsox weren't supposed to hit for that much power this year and homeruns haven't been part of the problem. It's a long year and my opinion often changes 100 times from April-October but if the Redsox can get/stay healthy it could be a fun summer in a extremely competitive AL East.
- I'll be heading to Vegas in about a month. Still haven't decided if I'm going to bring my clubs out there as I'll only be there for a week. However I did luck into booking my stay at the same time as the DC Drinkament which should be fun.
- The high school season is over, we lost in the first round of sectionals. Despite being heavy underdogs we were tied 3-3 after 3.5, but we just didn't have the guns to compete with this team. Their best player hit a 2 and 3 run homer and we ended up losing 11-4. The kids played hard, we were just outgunned.
- I read in streaks. I go 6 months without reading a book then can read like 4 in a month. I just recently finished this book about the 1995 NCAA golf championships. It was Tiger Woods' freshman year at Stanford and despite knowing nothing about college golf it was incredibly interesting and well written. That and tales from Q school are my 2 favorite golf books and great quick reads.
"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them."
â€” John Wooden