May 18, 2010
- I make about 20 guarantees a year in baseball, I usually go 0-20. Tonight I was finally right. Watching the Sox-Yanks game with my brother, the Redsox were down 6-2 with 2 outs and Pedroia was up with a runner on 1st and Drew on deck. Now J.D. Drew is my favorite player, mainly because casual fans donâ€™t think heâ€™s that good. With the count 2-2 on Pedroia I guaranteed that if he got on, Drew was going to homer. My brother who despite being a Drew fan said I was crazy. Sure enough Pedroia doubled to left and Drew was up. Even getting screwed on a ball that was clearly outside early in the count, he hit a 1-2 pitch in the second deck to right. So Iâ€™m obviously free rolling with my guarantees the rest of the year.
- I donâ€™t associate with a ton of poker players, but I know many are fanatical about sushi. However, Iâ€™ve never tried it and had no desire to ever give it a shot. With Vegas about a month away Iâ€™m sure Iâ€™ll be going to a Sushi restauarant at one point or another. I do like fish so itâ€™s something Iâ€™ll probably enjoy but Iâ€™ve recently told a couple poker players Iâ€™ve never tried it before and they were floored.
- Iâ€™m 50/50 on whether or not Iâ€™m going to try to $20 trick in Vegas. Iâ€™m staying at the Bellagio and was told you may need to up the ante a little for it to be successful there.
- Thereâ€™s a 0% chance Iâ€™m watching a minute of the Canadiens-Flyers series. I hate both teams and am very bitter.
- Thereâ€™s nothing more frustrating than seeing a team with one of your fantasy players explode for 12 runs and 18 hits then looking at the boxscore and seeing that your player was 1-5 with 0 runs scored and 0 RBI
- The Karate kid remake has potential to be the worst movie of all time.
- Quick edit- this is how well Iâ€™m running as a sports fan lately. After the Redsox came back in their game to take a 9-7 lead on the Yankees, they lost it on an A-Rod 2 run homer in the the 9th. Just now Marcus Thames hit a 2 run homer so I hit previous channel really quick to get off Michael Kayâ€™s audible orgasm. Unfortunately the last station I had it on was MLB Game mix and the audio for that was Michael Kay continuing to scream. So my kneejerk reaction was to flip it to ESPN where unbeknown to me the Sox-Yanks game was being aired. I just turned to TV off after that.
Trent: Score Chicago!
Sue: Fuck! Such fuckinâ€™ bullshit!
Trent: [Trent hits the instant replay] Now that was pretty Sueâ€¦
Sue: Man, donâ€™t do the instant replay thingâ€¦
Trent: No way, you said it was fuckinâ€™ bullshit.
Sue: Donâ€™t do the fuckingâ€¦
Trent: Well thatâ€™s why they put the instant replay in the fucking game! So you can see if itâ€™s bullshit!
Sue: Youâ€™re unbelieveable.
Trent: Well you know something, I am unbelievable.