May 11, 2010
- With only 5 more games and then playoffs I have about 2 weeks of baseball left. This season has been a struggle as weâ€™re not as talented of a team as last year and its been frustrating as a coach as well. Weâ€™ve had to keep things incredibly simple this year as we still struggle with some basic bunt coverages. So things like pick off plays are out of the question. Hopefully something clicks and we canâ€™t put it together over the last few weeks of the season.
- The Preakness is this Saturday, I wish Ice Box was running in it but heâ€™s out till the Belmont. Iâ€™ll probably buy a racing form on Saturday morning and go from there. Iâ€™ve never picked a Preakness winner so maybe Iâ€™ll fade myself.
- The Bruins better not blow a 3-0 lead. If they can hold against the Flyers then somehow get by their ECF opponent Iâ€™m going to a Stanley Cup game in Boston. I figure if they do make it, it doesnâ€™t happen often so I may as well.
- Havenâ€™t played a ton of poker but my game has been really sharp lately. Iâ€™m not rooting for the baseball season to end, but Iâ€™m curious to see how well I can do as I feel great right now but just canâ€™t put the amount of hands in that Iâ€™d like.
- I was bored the other day so I went to a local par 3 course with my goal being to shoot a 30. The longest hole is 135 yards so itâ€™s a really easy course. So I start off a +3 through 4, proceed to part he next 4 holes, and going into the 9th hole needing a par. I step up, itâ€™s about 125 away which is like the worst tweener difference so I decide to take my sand wedge and hack away. Well I topped it, end up bogeying, and shot a 31. Next time Iâ€™m going with the 3/4 PW.
â€œAll the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope. "
- Winston Churchill