March 30, 2010
- Iâ€™m actually feeling very confident in my game right now. After not playing a whole lot in February I was feeling pretty rusty. However actually creating the down on the farm series has helped my own game a ton. Thereâ€™s a ton of work in creating videos and it forces you to analyze you game constantly. So 10k is the goal, I generally hate making monetary goals however this is something thatâ€™s within reach and with the proper amount of hands should be able to happen.
- Lent is almost over and I couldnâ€™t have timed giving up junk food for Lent any worse. I had just gotten off a diet and had a 2 week window where I basically ate anything and everything. However, once Lent started I had to get off it again. So basically Iâ€™m going through junk food withdrawals right now. On April 5th, Iâ€™m going to Brusters and buying a pint of chocolate raspberry truffle. I canâ€™t over-emphasize how excited I am about this.
- A couple of year ago I stumbled upon a book â€œThe Miracle at St. Anthonyâ€™sâ€ where the author followed Bob Hurleyâ€™s high school team throughout the 2003-2004 season. Basically this team has nothing and coach Hurley has turned the school into a 30+ year dynasty. They win state title after state title and heâ€™s turned down numerous college jobs. Anyways, PBS is airing a documentary on the team on Wednesday night at 10. Hereâ€™s the trailer
- We have our first game a week from today, the weather is western NY is generally unpredictable. Unfortunately we really canâ€™t afford a lot of rainouts as we donâ€™t have a ton of pitching depth. Besides our kids becoming/staying eligible its what worries me most about this year.
- Fantasy Baseball draft is this Friday. This is my third year in fantasy baseball and I was much much better last year than my first. Iâ€™m expecting nothing but good things from Tom Emanskyâ€™s All-Starâ€™s this year.
â€œAdversity is the state in which man mostly easily becomes acquainted with himself, being especially free of admirers then.â€