March 01, 2010
- Funny how the Gold Medal game ended. I havenâ€™t had much luck in overtime/extra inning games over the past 365 days and was hoping after Parise scored we could get a lucky break and steal the gold, but unfortunately it just didnâ€™t happen. I was so disappointed after seeing Miller collapse to the ground I just turned the TV off, not bothering the watch the medal ceremony.
- One of the great things about this tournament was I was able to see new players that I had only vaguely known about before. I follow the Bruins and am familiar with a lot of the east coast teams but had no idea how good players like Kessler, E. Johnson, Ryan are. Kessler became my favorite player watching him throughout the tourney and i couldnâ€™t stand Parise before this but will never be able to root against him again.
- It had to be Crosby didnâ€™t it?
- Now that the Olympics are over Iâ€™ll be able to start grinding again. As Oneilsurfer pointed out Iâ€™d love ESPN 8 the ocho. I enjoy most of the winter events and donâ€™t like mixing TV and poker. Iâ€™m hoping to put in 80 hours this month and wonâ€™t play more than 2 tables at a time. Hopefully Iâ€™m up to 200nl by April 1.
- Baseball practice officially starts next Monday, we have a young team but am excited to get going as itâ€™s fun to try and get the underdog ready for the season. Also, Iâ€™m far more equipped with baseball coaching knowledge coming into this year than any of my previous 3 years and itâ€™ll be fun to be able to teach that and see improvement.
No game in the world is as tidy and dramatically neat as baseball, with cause and effect, crime and punishment, motive and result, so cleanly defined. ~Paul Gallico